The small wooden station at Rushwick (opened 31st March 1924) closed with all of the other intermediate stations on this line on 3rd April 1965. The railway ticket above was issued at Worcester Foregate Street station on 11th June 1964 to Rushwick Halt. Notice the curious spelling of Rushwick on one half of the ticket.
Class 50 diesel locomotive No.50003 heading the southbound 'Cathedrals Express' at Rushwick.
Class 25 diesel locomotive No.25274 is heading towards Newland sidings to pick up a train of new rails from the permanent way depot.
Both photographs taken by Andrew Smith on 9th July 1977.
Click here for a list of locos seen at Rushwick on the 'down' 'Cathedrals Express' in 1959.
Rushwick Halt was located in the village of Rushwick just over one mile from Boughton Halt.
07.53 All stations to Great Malvern
08.13 All stations to Worcester(Shrub Hill) except Boughton Halt
08.24 All stations to Ledbury
16.37 All stations to Ledbury
17.03 All stations to Worcester (Shrub Hill)
17.56 All stations to Bromyard
18.10 All stations to Worcester (Foregate Street)
22.20 All stations to Great Malvern
Footnote. There were no service trains stopping between 08.24 and 16.37.
There was no Sunday service.