Hunnington Station opened with the rest of the GWR & MR joint railway from Halesowen to Longbridge in 1883 and closed with the end of regular passenger traffic on 5th December 1927.
Hunnington station was the first station out of the Halesowen on the joint G.W.R & M.R. section. It is now a private residence. There were sidings just to the north of the station that once carried traffic from the famous "Bluebird" toffee factory.