Bournville station is situated alongside the Cadbury chocolate factory which once had its own internal railway. The station is alongside the Birmingham and Worcester canal.
There was a railway station on the current site of Bournville Station from 3rd April 1876 on the opening of the Midland Railway's Birmingham West Suburban Railway. The station was called Stirchley Street, later amended to Stirchley Street and Bournville, then Bournville and Stirchley Street and in 1904 to Bournville.
The current station is now painted in a ghastly shade of purple and resides in the title of Bournville for Cadbury World. However impending visitors to Cadbury World should be prepared for a stiff walk around the side of the chocolate factory before they reach the tourist attraction.
This is Centro class 323 No.323219 on the 12:02 from Longbridge to Lichfield City.
Both photographs taken by Andrew Smith on 3rd September 2001.
Also at Bournville, the Midland Railway had an engine shed.