This station was between Worcester and Malvern shortly after the Bromyard line had gone off to the right. The station closed on 3rd April 1965. The village of Bransford lay about a half mile from the station. The original station was replaced in 1911 by one built to a standard GWR design with most facilities being provided on the 'up' platform. A signal box was located at the Worcester end of this platform but was mostly locked out of use. The goods yard closed in 1964. The station closed on 3rd April 1965. All that remained in 2011 was the former station house which was in use as a private dwelling.
In the Summer 1959 timetable the following trains were listed as stopping at Bransford Road on Mondays to Fridays:
07:45 Worcester Foregate Street to Great Malvern
08:10 Worcester Shrub Hill to Ledbury
09:45 Worcester Shrub Hill to Hereford
12:30 Worcester Shrub Hill to Malvern Wells
15:25 Worcester Shrub Hill to Ledbury
16:28 Worcester Foregate Street to Malvern Wells
17:35 Worcester Shrub Hill to Ledbury
17:25 Birmingham New Street to Malvern Wells
19:00 Birmingham New Street to Great Malvern
20:10 Worcester Shrub Hill to Great Malvern
07:32 Colwall to Worcester Shrub Hill
08:27 Colwall to Droitwich Spa
09:10 Ledbury to Worcester Shrub Hill
14:00 Malvern Wells to Worcester Shrub Hill
16:30 Ledbury to Worcester Shrub Hill
17:54 Malvern Wells to Worcester Foregate Street
Class 170/5 two-car diesel multiple unit No.170508 passes the site of Bransford Road Station with the 14:49 London Midland Trains service from Birmingham New Street to Hereford. The station buildings were on the left hand side of the photograph together with a station house, signal box and goods sidings. Goods traffic consisted mostly of fruit and vegetables from the local farms.
This is the view looking in the other direction with the Malvern Hills in the background. Class 150/0 two-car diesel multiple unit No.150126 in Network West Midlands livery leads class 150/2 two-car diesel multiple unit No.150216 on the 15:29 London Midland Trains service from Great Malvern to Whitlocks End.
Both photographs were taken by Andrew Smith on 10th May 2011.